HELP! Comment Form Missing. Only Title Remains!

Community Forums Forums General Discussion HELP! Comment Form Missing. Only Title Remains!

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  blazing 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

blazing
    Participant

Hello,

All that appears at the end of every page and post is the Comment title asking for comments.
    There is no text box for the comment, no form, no clickable text/link at all.
    I think the wordpress comments disappeared when I first got activitated Facebook comments, even though I said I wanted both functional.

I just let it be.  then one day I noticed Facebook comments wasn’t working either.

I have deactivated all plugins, cleared the cache, still not comment form appears

I have tried using Genesis Simple Comment plug-in, still no comment form.  Although I can change the comment title.

I tried many many “fixes” without Facebook comments plugin – I deleted the plugin (although, ideally I would like both comment systems functional)

The situation now

– I have both Facebook comments and wordpress comments enabled.   Comment titles for both are appearing, but nothing else.
    – Comments are turned on everywhere (theme, wordpress, each page and post) but all that appears is the Comment title.

– UPDATE – Updated to Genesis 1.9.   Now WordPress Comment title does not show up on blog posts, but the Facebook comment plugin comment title does.   Both wordpress and facebook comment titles are displayed on Pages.   Both still without the comment box, inputs, submit button etc.

I really would like my comments working.  

Any hint?   I seem to be missing code.   I don’t remember changing it. 

I have tried adding code from various google searches, but nothing makes a difference.

I have no code in my agentpress’s function.php file for comments.  Should I?

I have tried adding code in function.php to override the theme template so a box would be added, but that didn’t work

I don’t really know code though.  I am simply trying suggestions I get via my Google searches.

I am using Agentpress 2.o.   

My site is http://www.livinginpanama.org.

Thank you for any and all help you can give me.

I have tried everything I can think of.

braddalton
    Participant

Deactivate your plugins and see if that fixes your form.

Could be caused by using Facebook and WordPress comments at the same time.

Did you add , edit, modify any code or plugins recently?

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

blazing
    Participant

Thanks Brandon.

I did deactive all my plugin and then emptied the cache.

The problem persists.

It stayed even when I not only deactivated but deleted the Facebook comments.

I am not sure when the problem actually started so I am unsure if I changed anything.  But I haven’t changed my code recently.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again,

Betsy

blazing
    Participant

I continue to search for a solution.  I checked my code for unclosed div or ()…. but I didn’t find anything.

Does anyone know what the code for a comment form should look like?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.