Help! Featured Image is stretched out!

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Help! Featured Image is stretched out!

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fillelectrique
    Participant

Hello! My client’s blog featured image is being uploaded and placed as it’s original size, causing stretching, and general freakout by the client.

Child Theme: Pretty

Things that I have tried:
    — I’ve gone into the Genesis Theme settings and set the size to Medium, Small, Thumbnail. The stretched Featured Image continues to happen at every size.
    — I’ve disabled the Featured Image, and still the first image posted is stretched.
    — I’ve enabled Featured image, deleted the first image, deleted the Feature image, and oddly, the previous first image that I just deleted shows up as a stretched Feature Image.
    — I’ve disabled Featured image, deleted the first image, and oddly, the previous first image that I just deleted shows up as a stretched Feature Image.

I’ve tried:

http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/post-featured-image-on-home-of-pretty-young-thing/

I tried the option suggested.
    0 = No featured image. Boring. Client WANTS featured Image
    300 and any other size = still got stretched image

I added the “Genesis Featured Image” Plugin. That kind of solved the problem – I got the image to show up at the correct size.
    BUT… Now the image shows up at the correct size and immediately below it, a stretched version of the image shows up.
    I had to de-active the plugin as it was causing more problems on previous posts.

How can this be fixed? I’m getting frantic calls and emails. Client is ready to hire someone else to design her a new blog cause this one in her eyes IS BROKEN!! Cause the featured images are all types of F’ed up.

This is the SECOND support to the forums that I’ve posted, along with emailed in direct technical support. Everything was working FINE and perfectly pre- the last WP and Genesis updates.

http://www.moniquealesia.com

anitac
    Participant

I see you are using Embedly. Have you tried disabling that plugin?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

fillelectrique
    Participant

yes, Embedly, using it.

I’ll try, but client LURVES it, since Grooveshark stopped supporting theirs.

anitac
    Participant

Did you try disabling Embedly to see it was causing the issue?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.