Help! Generate box doesn't work well

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Help! Generate box doesn't work well

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  eliz18 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

eliz18
    Participant

Hi!

need help! my generate box doesn’t  work well and I want it to be seen in all page of my website. I used the text widget and place the html code as shown in other tutorials. Below here is the code I used.

Join over 155,000 people who get free and fresh content delivered automatically<br />each time we publish. Your privacy and email address are safe with us!</p>
    <form>

<input type=”text” value=”Enter your email address…” onfocus=”if(this.value==’Enter your email address…’){this.value=”}” onblur=”if(this.value==”){this.value=’Enter your
    email address…’}” />
    <input type=”submit” value=”Sign Up” />
    </form>

SoZo

Define “work well”. And please include a link to your site with all questions so that people can see what is going on.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

eliz18
    Participant

Hi! Sozo,

I’m using the child theme of Generate to start however, generate doesn’t link to my email when I try to use the box and I want also to place the generate box in every page of the website kindly help me how to do it. http://elizabethramat.com/.

Thank you so much for the help.

SoZo

What do you mean that it doesn’t link to your email?

To put it on every page you’d need to move the function out of home.php into functions.php

eliz18
    Participant

Hi!
    Oh! Thank you for the info however I’m not familiar with home.php and functions.php, where is it located? Now I just install and used the generate plugin and it seems working and I can see generate box appear to all of my pages and now i can’t figure out how the generate box work? where I can see the emails if someone sign up or subscribe, where can i found the email list.

Thank you,

SoZo

You can access home.php and functions.php from Appearance=>Editor but I highly recommend using an FTP client and a code editor to edit the files from your server.

I don’t know how the Generate Box plugin works but there is a tutorial on setting up Generate here. You need to replace the example form code with the form code from whichever service you are using for your mailing list, e.g. Feedburner, Aweber, Mailchimp, etc.

eliz18
    Participant

Thanks a lot sozo for your help. I will do your advice. I will figure out how to use FTP.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.