Help! Getting an error…

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Help! Getting an error…

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  moshpitqueen 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

moshpitqueen
    Participant

I’m getting the following error on my website –  Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<’ in /home/vanilla/public_html/MIK/here/wp-content/themes/innov8tive/functions.php on line 98

I’m using the Innov8tive theme and I was trying to fix the category view so I followed this step http://www.eightcrazydesigns.net/forums/topic/category-view/

When I updated I got the error. I removed the new code and now I’m still stuck with this error. I copied the original code into a text file so I can just copy and replace if needed.

I’m a newbie to building websites like these, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

braddalton
    Participant

Always backup files on your server first.

Then login to your server using FTP or File Manager in cPanel and navigate to

public_html/MIK/here/wp-content/themes/innov8tive/functions.php on line 98

Remove the < from your file.

If this doesn't work and you haven't made any modifications or added any other code to your child themes functions.php file, simply upload a new copy of the functions.php from a fresh download of the theme.

moshpitqueen
    Participant

Thank you! Thank you! With the new functions.php I’m back in business.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Help! Getting an error…’ is closed to new replies.