Help!!! It's gone

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Help!!! It's gone

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

mpeik
    Participant

I used this tutorial below and tried to change my favicon. I went into the education child theme functions.php and added this code like I thought I was supposed to. Now the page is gone. I erased the code, but it’s still gone. please help!!

http://www.briangardner.com/code/load-custom-favicon/

http://www.rlschristianday.org

AC
    Blocked

You need to use your FTP program and replace the functions.php file with the original content. A better solution (at least for me) to add the Favicon is to copy your Favicon into the themes Image folder using FTP, and then clear out your browser cache.

mpeik
    Participant

thank you— i will try that!

mpeik
    Participant

can i access the ftp program through godaddy?

AC
    Blocked

If you log in with Godaddy, you can go to the File Manager, locate the theme file folder. Then use the Upload button to upload the original file from your desktop.

mpeik
    Participant

file manager

Here is a screenshot of what I am looking at– am I in the right spot? Thank you!! This is so over my head right now.

AC
    Blocked

See on that screen UPLOAD FILE – right above that check mark. Click that and then browse you computer for the original function.php file that came in your theme. Upload it. If it asks you to override the current file, say yes. If you need more assistance, use the contact form on my website.

mpeik
    Participant

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!! =)

AC
    Blocked

You’re welcome, glad I could help. I will close this now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help!!! It's gone’ is closed to new replies.