HELP – MENU ISSUE with IE

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks HELP – MENU ISSUE with IE

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vrobertspress 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

vrobertspress

I can not provide my URL because the site I am building is internal to my company, inside the firewall.

PROBLEM: Using IE 10. The menu shows from top to bottom instead of right to left causing the header bar to grow is height covering most of the home page screen. Chrome and Firefox do not exhibit same problem. I switched theme to genesis framework and the same thing happens, but then when i switch to Twenty Fourteen or Twenty Twelve it works just fine.

The issue seems to be specific to Genesis. Agency child and genesis framework themes have the same problem.
    Twenty Thirteen and Twenty Twelve dont seem to have the problem.
    I am using Genesis 2.0.2

Am going to try Centric to see if happens with that theme. I have a feeling it’s it may be genesis code specific, rather than child code specific.. but i’m not the experts.. you guys are :).

THANK YOU in advance for any help you can provide. I was supposed to go live with this next week.. urgh..

Lauren @ OnceCoupled

How are the menus styled? If the li items are displayed inline-block (rather than floated) you may need to trigger hasLayout:

display: inline-block;
    *display: inline;
    zoom: 1;

Best,
    Lauren

I do custom WordPress work! http://oncecoupled.com
    Contact me directly: lauren@oncecoupled.com

vrobertspress

Thank you. It’s working now.

I tried re-uploading the genesis.zip file from the dashboard, and it said “cant install, folder exists”.

But after that it start working. Mysterious.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.