Help! My site now looks terrible!

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Help! My site now looks terrible!

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cbaalbany 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

cbaalbany
    Participant

I created and manage the website of our school Christian Brothers Academy, Albany, NY.  After upgrading Genesis and WordPress my site has no menus, color, images, ect.

Can I revert back to Genesis 1.8?

The site is http://www.cbaalbany.org

Everything we do runs thru this website.  I need it fixed asap.

Anyone with advice?

scotm
    Participant

That looks like you’re missing your theme style sheet. Did you switch themes?

cbaalbany
    Participant

No. I’ve had the same CSS for a few years.  I didn’t do anything except upgrade.

scotm
    Participant

Well if you can try changing to perhaps the 2012 theme to see how it affects your site you may find it is in fact a theme issue. Sometimes just flipping back and forth can fix the issue.

cbaalbany
    Participant

Its seems that Landscape Theme isn’t compatible with Genesis 1.9.  I copied my old Genesis folder backup to my site via FTP and the site works perfectly.  Although I can’t access wp-admin.

I can only access wp-admin by replacing the Genesis theme folder with the Genesis 1.9 data.

This is a real mess.

Anyone know how to do either of the following?…

Get Landscape theme to work with Genesis 1.9
    Roll back to Genesis 1.8

goddess
    Participant

I’m seeing menus and style sheets being applied right now. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and refreshing?

cbaalbany
    Participant

Finally found the problem.

For some reason my install directory for the landscape theme was “landscape 4″ which has worked fine for the past 2+ years.

This new release of Genesis is apparently less forgiving regarding directory names.  I renamed the directory simply “landscape”.  Problem solved.

Thanks for your help.  Lesson learned.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.