Help needed with style/css editing for newbie

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Help needed with style/css editing for newbie

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dogleg.com
    Participant

Help.

I am sorry to have posted this twice (also in Design Tips and Tricks this morning) but I am really desperate for an answer.

I have looked at other discussions in the forum, but honestly, most of the answers are over my head. I am also wondering about updating my theme (prose). I just updated to 1.9.1, and doing so fixed a problem I was having with my selections in font color, background color, etc. not showing up–now they are there. However, another “fix” I had done (I’m not even sure I remember how now) that moved my uploaded image in my header to the left, and my title to the right side, is undone now.

I know everyone says “update Appearance—-Style—-style.css” area, but doesn’t that get overwritten by an update? And I am also wondering why it says “do not edit under any circumstances” if everyone is editing there…?

Also, if that is so, I have read information about creating another folder, but I can’t understand the discussion/solutions. I need some exact instructions in simple terms. This is my first blog and I am used to working in easy things like Publisher and Pagemaker.

Can anyone help me?

I am not including link to my site because it is in “maintenance” mode. If you really think you can help me, I will deactivate if you let me know.

I am trying to get this up in the next day or so. Thanks SO much!!

Paula

wendycholbi
    Participant

Hi Paula,

I and a few other folks have chimed in on your other thread in General Discussion. I hope that thread will help answer your questions!

I love WordPress, Genesis, and the Prose child theme (my complete guide to using Prose is here: SiteSetupKit.com). Say hi on Twitter: @wendycholbi

Susan

Thanks @wensycholbi – I’ve book-marked your kit to Prose – I have never worked with it myself, so don’t have the same comfort level making recommendations for Prose as I do for other themes :)

@dogleg.com – since both threads are related to the same question, I’m going to go ahead and close this one.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Help needed with style/css editing for newbie’ is closed to new replies.