Help? Streamline theme front page feed summary

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Help? Streamline theme front page feed summary

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chiefpua 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

chiefpua
    Participant

Hey all,

My site is http://chiefpua.com

and I’m trying to display the posts in my feed on my front page as summaries rather than displaying the entire post on the front page.

I went to “Settings,” then I went to “Reading,” then I selected the “Summary” option for the “For each article in a feed, show” thing, but it still displays the full articles.

How can I fix this? I’m kind of a WordPress newbie…

Thanks…

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  chiefpua.

Chris Cree
    Participant

WIth most Genesis themes such as Streamline you don’t control the front page via the Settings –> Reading settings. You should change that setting back to display “Your latest posts”.

Then go to Genesis –> Theme Settings and scroll down to the “Content Archives” box. You have 2 choices there. You can choose “Display Post Excerpts” but I think you might prefer to keep “Display Post Content” and add a number to “Limit content to 300 characters” instead. Adjust the number of characters to your preference. That way you’ll have the “Read More” button.

chiefpua
    Participant

Thanks a million, Chris Cree! That’s exactly the answer I was looking for.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Help? Streamline theme front page feed summary’ is closed to new replies.