Help with a zigzagpress child theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Help with a zigzagpress child theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 22 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ChrissyMorin 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

PerryG
    Participant

Try reloading your image now that you have altered the image height in the style.css.

ChrissyMorin
    Participant

What is the size that this theme wants for the header? I only see a 92 px minimum but no preferred size?

Chrissy Morin – Your Web Chick – Denver CO

notfarnow
    Participant

Perry & Page – Does the sort gallery and featured posts slider on the bottom of the homepage come built into the Megalithe theme?
    Or do you have to install plugins?

To fix your header image, follow Perry’s instructions and try the following to fit your logo image:

.header-image #title-area,
    .header-image #title,
    .header-image #title a {

min-height: 150px !important;
    min-width: 469px !important;
    }

Since you are using a larger logo image, you’ll need to edit the following
    so it doesn’t push down your search bar:

#header .widget-area {
    min-width: 300px;
    }

Keep in mind, your logo may not fit in mobile browsers. You may want to fitting it into responsive css rules if you need.

kimmer
    Participant

NotFarNow,
    To show the latest blog posts on the bottom of the page, go to Genesis > Megalithe Settings > Portfolio Settings. Scroll down to ‘Homepage Latest Blog Settings’ and select ‘true’ in the dropdown. You can also change the title and add verbiage there. If you want to add any of the shortcodes, that is done in Appearance > Widgets > Feature Bottom. Add a text widget and insert the shortcode.

Hope this helps!

notfarnow
    Participant

That answers it! Thanks Kimmer.

PerryG
    Participant

Not far now, as Kimmy told ya, they come with the theme.

I’ve modified mine to not include the comments hyperling in the feature post at the bottom of the page, removed the author info from the portfolios too.  Lots of little things but so far pretty happy with the theme.

htP://pacgr.com

I found a problem today that I need to report though.  Gravity Forms does not total if you try to have a form with cost plus quantity.  The problem is that the theme uses a newer version of jquery then gravity forms.

kimmer
    Participant

You’re welcome NotFarNow. :)

I’m wondering if anyone knows how to make the gallery page popup images have scroll arrows so that, instead of only seeing the individual photos and having to close each time, the user can press the arrow to scroll through the whole gallery. (my client uses a lot of iProducts, so it has to be easy on a smartphone.) Also noticed that, on iTouch, the popup gallery image shows as very tiny image. When I expand, it goes off the screen.

Will appreciate any help out there! Thanks.

ChrissyMorin
    Participant

I want to follow this thread because I may have some of these issues too.. working on the same theme here www2.jmwoodworks.com trying to figure out the portfolio pages now and it looks like you got those up nicely so I might beg you for help if I get lost :)

Your site is looking fantastic!

Chrissy Morin – Your Web Chick – Denver CO

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.