Help with Landscape Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Help with Landscape Theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Harley130
    Participant

Using the method described in a previous post does eliminate the slideshow from running on the Blog page, however, it just leaves a white page for me. Does anyone know where the php function is located to just eliminate the wp_cycle slideshow from the Landscape child theme altogether? There are much better slideshows out there that can just be placed with a shortcode and that allow multiple slideshows on the same page.

http://www.dhreasonsphotography.com

braddalton
    Participant

Which previous post?

There’s a folder in the Landscape child theme named plugins. You can delete this if you want.

You’ll also find this code in the home.php file which you can remove:
    [php]
    <?php if( function_exists(‘wp_cycle’) ) : ?>
    <?php wp_cycle(); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    [/php]

I would use the native WordPress media settings with Jetpack as this enables you to easily create multiple slideshows using a shortcode.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Harley130
    Participant

Thanks Brad for your help.
    I guess I misstated in calling it a previous post, should have been in a previous thread about a similar question that I found when searching for the an answer.
    I went back and looked at my theme editor menu choice and there was the home.php file, how I missed that is beyond me. I looked at every other file on that list except that one for some reason.

braddalton
    Participant

No worries.

I think its better to use File Manager in cPanel or download the file using FTP and use a code editor like Notepad++.

If you make a mistake in the them editor, you will be locked out of your site and then have to use the above methods to access the file anyway.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.