help with post/page image & adding vertical divider

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks help with post/page image & adding vertical divider

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

samw
    Participant

Hi Folks

I looking for some help  and would like to create a vertical divider between a left aligned inserted post/page image and the text. The text needs to float centred to the image as the text is greater in height than the image.

This will be repeated across the top of each page of my site.

Having spent hours experimenting, with tables, vertical divides and columns, I cant get it to work!

Please can anyone suggested the recommended way of achieving this.

Not sure if I need to use a two column layout or whether a div class would achieve this

An example of  similar layout can be seen here..I would be looking to create smaller boxes/columns etc http://www.wpbeginner.com/blueprint/

my site is local dev at the mo

Many Thanks

SEO & Online Marketing Consultant

Metta3 | G+ | LinkedIn

braddalton
    Participant

samw
    Participant

Hi

Many thanks for the reply – I can add columns without issue. The challenge is im unable to style the columns to include an image or add vertical dividers. HR tags no problem

Should i be using some sort of div wrapper instead? As per the link above, I would like to create a page layout as per the http://www.wpbeginner.com/blueprint/

Or is there another way to approach this altogether

Many Thanks

SEO & Online Marketing Consultant

Metta3 | G+ | LinkedIn

braddalton
    Participant

To be honest, i don’t really know but suggest you contact them on their site and ask as they my write a tutorial.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.