Help with Responsive Slider and posts in Agency

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Help with Responsive Slider and posts in Agency

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  trbdesign 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

trbdesign
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using the genesis responsive slider and Agency for my website. I have some featured images in posts that I’ve marked with the category “Slider”. I also have a link to the blog on the menu, and that’s where I want readers to go and read the blog posts having to do with the church news, events, etc. How can I hide the posts in the “Slider” category or somehow configure the blog so that readers can see everything except the Slider posts. I may also want some of the widgets to be able to show recent posts that exclude the slider posts. Does anyone have an idea of how I’d go about this? The site is http://christtabernaclecogic.org.

Thanks in Advance,

ToniB

marybaum
    Participant

Your best bet is to install the Reveal IDs plug-in. Then, when you’re setting up widgets that show posts, you can exclude the ID of the Slider category and include the IDs of the categories you want people to see the posts from.

Then, separately, you can include the Slider category in the slider settings – as you’ve done.

Have I understood your question properly?

Mary Baum

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

amzzzg
    Participant

I am having trouble with the slider all together. It was installed and working just fine but then we took the site down and wiped everything out so starting fresh with same images and not changing any size of anything should have allowed it to come back up and it won’t. The slider is there- as a thin box with X and the title of the slider next to it but images will not show up. Can someone help me. http://www.usmcfamilies.org- you will also see we are having a horrible time with our logo in the header too- we don’t want it that big and its cut off, we don’t know what to do with that either!

trbdesign
    Participant

Thanks Mary. I was hoping for a solution that didn’t involve a plug-in so that I could learn how to do it, but I’ll try your solution if I run out of time and have to meet my deadline.

Thanks again,

ToniB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.