Help with Sticky Header

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Help with Sticky Header

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ali 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ali
    Participant

Hello,

I’m quite new to web design so I don’t really know too much. I wanted to install a sticky header onto my website so that as I scroll down the page, the header would stay in place. I used this tutorial that I found on this blog: http://www.briangardner.com/sticky-menu/#more-7064

It seemed to work somewhat, but when I scroll down the page, the secondary header disappears but does not reappear. I tried to adjust the point when the header disappears from 200 px to 25 px, but that didn’t work. Then I tried to disable the plugins on my page, but that didn’t seem to work either. I’m using the Metro theme.

My website is busterandellie.com.

Thanks so much for any and all help!

snakeair
    Participant

Did you create the sticky menu with the links to your pages in your “menu” area in your admin dashboard? (It’s in the appearance tab)

Here is what I have setup in this section for my sticky menu.

Primary  Nav: sticky

secondary nav: menu 1  (I named my custom menu.. menu 1.) Link is in my signature to see the menu in action.

Just to ask this, did you follow Brian’s advice in inserting the codes in the named templates he mentioned in this blog post?

I posted a blog comment on his blog about making this sticky menu mobile responsive.

Ali
    Participant

Thanks so much for the advice. I did follow Brians advice and I put the code into the templates before I uploaded it to WordPress. Do you know if there is a way to edit them once they are uploaded to WordPress?

Did you add “Primary  Nav: sticky” to the CSS file? And I made a secondary custom menu. Do I need to change what it is called in the code to make it work?

Sorry for all the questions! And again thanks for your help. I’m really a newbie!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.