Hide post content

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Hide post content

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  thoughtwell 2 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Here’s the loop for home.php for the Generate theme:

if ( function_exists( 'genesis_grid_loop' ) ) {
    		remove_action( 'genesis_before_post_content', 'generate_post_image', 5 );
    		genesis_grid_loop( array(
    			'features' => 2,
    			'feature_image_size' => 'featured',
    			'feature_image_class' => 'alignleft post-image',
    			'feature_content_limit' => 0,
    			'grid_image_size' => 'grid',
    			'grid_image_class' => 'alignleft post-image',
    			'grid_content_limit' => 0,
    			'more' => __( 'Continue reading...', 'genesis' ),
    			'posts_per_page' => 6,
    		) );
    	} else {

On the homepage, I don’t want any post content to display: just the post title and the featured image. With the grid_content_limit set to 0, I understand this tells the theme to display the whole post, which is the very opposite of what I want…

Thanks in advance.

Sridhar Katakam

Do you still want the Features and teasers grid appear? Or, just the post title, post thumbnail for every post one below the other?

Charlie, did you ever find any sort of answer for this? I am wondering how to do the same thing. I can’t find this info, anywhere. I can see how to limit it to a specific number of characters, but I’m not sure of what value one would enter to achieve this effect. It could even be a string. Just not sure which one.

I found the answer. Set the grid_content_limit to the string, TRUE. This should remove the excerpt. However, it will move up the ‘more’ text/link (or whatever you have that as.) If you set this to FALSE, it may cut that off as well, but I didn’t try it. Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.