Home Bottom sidebar missing

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Home Bottom sidebar missing

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  richie513 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

richie513
    Participant

Hi all,

I recently purchased the Lifestyle theme with Genesis and just started to work on my home page layout.  When I went to the widgets area I noticed that there is a Home Left and Home Right sidebars but no Home Bottom. Is this normal?, can anyone share some advice on how to add one?

I am not sure if I posted in the right place, but any info on this issue is much appreciated.

sahdow
    Participant

The new version of Lifestyle doesn’t use the home bottom like the old Church / Lifestyle themes did. If you view your theme in the theme editor, you will see that the home.php doesn’t call for a home bottom and that the functions.php doesn’t either.

richie513
    Participant

Hi sahdow,

Thanks for the reply, I guess there is no way to add a Home Bottom sidebar?  If not then I’ll just have to work with what I’ve got.

sahdow
    Participant

You can make the themes do nearly anything you can think of. This should help get you started … but it’s not for sidebar, you would use primary sidebar widget for that. this will give you a “home widget” = to width of content area. I used it in eleven40 to get more control of presentation.

http://www.studiopress.com/support/showthread.php?t=100623&highlight=mystyle_home_loop_helper

richie513
    Participant

Thanks for the link, I’ll check it out :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.