"Home Left" missing at Widget

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks "Home Left" missing at Widget

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fortunecookie 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

fortunecookie
    Participant

Hi

I am now working on a website using Prose theme.   For configuring the homepage posts, the tutorial is read as follows:

Visit Dashboard>Appearance>Widgets and drag a Genesis Featured Post widget to Home Left.

I have tried to follow the above, but at my Widgets there is no “Home Left” or “Home Right”. I can only see “Header Right”, “Primary Sidebar”, “Secondary Sidebar”, and “Footer (1, 2 &3) there.

Please anyone help me on this?

Thank you!

Mike

Dorian Speed
    Participant

You’re using Prose? Can you provide a link to your site? I’m pretty sure that theme doesn’t have a widgeted homepage. Are you sure you’re looking at the correct set of tutorials?

Bringing websites Up to Speed
    Firebug will light the way to understanding the secrets of the Internet!

fortunecookie
    Participant

Hi Dorian, thank you for your reply. You’re right, I seemed to have looked at the tutorials for different themes.

Thanks again!

Dorian Speed
    Participant

Great! You can mark this topic as “resolved” if that answered your question.

fortunecookie
    Participant

Just one another question. Would it be possible to do settings on a blog to show on homepage, such as, number of lines (or number of characters), etc?  Thank you!

Dorian Speed
    Participant

I’m not sure I understand your question. I think what you’re asking is – can you set it up to show excerpts of each blog post, instead of the entire post, on your homepage?

In your Genesis Theme Settings, there’s a box for “show content” or “show excerpt.” Switch that to show the excerpt. Or you can tell it “show content” and limit the content to a certain number of characters.

fortunecookie
    Participant

Yes, that is exactly what I was asking. Thanks again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘"Home Left" missing at Widget’ is closed to new replies.