Home page as landing page ?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Home page as landing page ?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Didge 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Didge
    Participant

Hi There,

Please excuse my ignorance but i am very new to WordPress and Genesis so i am still learning but willing to listen.
    I have slowly started building my new website using the Agency theme and this is where i am up to so far -http://www.classic-racks.co.uk/wordpress/
    The problem i have and i am sorry if this has been covered before ( couldn’t find with search ) is that the landing page is made up of widgets etc and i have a Home ‘page’ . When navigating the site and then clicking Home it takes you to the home ‘page’ and not the landing page. The only way to get back to the landing page is to click on the header logo which is not ideal ….. I hope this makes sense !
    The other question i have is that i would like my header to be over to the left rather than in the centre, the logo is perhaps to large so if i were to resize it can it be moved to the left hand side ?
    Many thanks in advance
    Matt

http://www.classic-racks.co.uk/wordpress/

Susan

If you want users to go to your “landing page” instead of a page called home, add a link to your primary navigation; call it “Home”, but use the URL: http://www.classic-racks.co.uk/wordpress/

Your logo is 960px, with the text in the center of that image. If you re-create the image, still keeping it 960px, but having the text to the left, it will be to the left on your site.

I hope that makes sens.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Didge
    Participant

Excellent !! Thank you Susan i have done the link and it works :-)

I will have a go at re creating the logo ( somehow ), i asked this question because the Agency logo when installed is to the left so assumed mine would be too.

Many Thanks for the quick response

Matt

Susan

Didge – you can try just chopping off the left side of your header image, and loading a narrower header. I’m not looking at the instructions right now (since you are using the old Agency, and the set-up instructions for that are no longer in my downloads file)…

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Didge
    Participant

Ok thank you Susan, i will have a go and let you know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.