Home Page Dissapeared

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Home Page Dissapeared

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  marybaum 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jclark117
    Participant

My home page is gone and I can’t figure out how to get it back. How can I bring it back.

http://www.clarkrealestate.org/wordpress/

SoZo

If you want to use home.php like the demo then set the Reading settings back to their defaults. If you want a static front page select your page from the drop down

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

jclark117
    Participant

how do i do that, what are the defaults? In there and it says I have two choices “Your Latest Posts” & “A Static Page”. I tried static front page and selected home and it didn’t work.

jclark117
    Participant

It’s showing Home on site but I have a slider activated and other things that aren’t displaying so I’m obviously doing something wrong but I’m lost and frustrated.

SoZo

Front page displays shoudl be set to “latest posts” and both drop downs set to “select”

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

jclark117
    Participant

I think that worked but I’m having issues with a slider that I’v never had issues with. It’s supposed to be displaying on the home page but it’s not working. It’s a simple short code drop in a text widget that’s worked for me multiple times on sites. It feels as though something is still wrong.

marybaum
    Participant

Instead of using whatever banner rotator that is, you might want to switch to the Genesis Responsive Slider, and set it up on the Slider Settings page in the Admin. That should help a lot. You’ll need to do things a little differently if you’re not used to how Genesis themes work – a minor adjustment will be all you need, and then you’ll find you’re good to go.

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.