Home page title doesn't appear in browser

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Home page title doesn't appear in browser

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  duckdoglisa 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

duckdoglisa

In my Genesis SEO Settings under Homepage Settings I’ve set a longer document title specific to the home page. But only the site title, as set in the theme settings, is showing as the home page’s title in the browser. Can anybody tell me what might be causing this?

I’m using the Outreach theme; here’s the site in question: http://acornfarmwaldorf.com/

thanks!
    Lisa

http://acornfarmwaldorf.com/

Susan

I hope you were able to get your issue resolved. If not, please check back in, and I can escalate for you. Thanks!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

duckdoglisa

Hi Susan,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, amazingly, the issue still remains. The home page is completely widgetized, which I think means that the meta title should be set in Genesis SEO Settings under Homepage Settings. I’ve done so, but still, no title appears for the home page, only the site name as you can see here: http://acornfarmwaldorf.com/

thanks very much,
    Lisa

Gary Jones

Is your Site Description (WP -> Settings -> General) empty?

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1, 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 (all 90 of them!) | @GaryJ

duckdoglisa

On that page there’s a Site Title, which is filled in, and a Tagline, which is empty. I don’t see a field for Site Description.

Gary Jones

Tagline is the Site Description. If you fill that in, then the <title> on the home page will be populated correctly. You might need to remove or hide it from appearing in your header (which is why you might have deleted it from the settings in the first place), but that can be fixed afterwards – Susan can tell you how :-)

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1, 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 (all 90 of them!) | @GaryJ

duckdoglisa

I really appreciate your engagement and help! I added a tagline, it’s “Local Kindergarten,” to distinguish it from other page’s titles. But it still doesn’t show up as a meta title. In fact, looking at the page source, there’s no meta description either, although I’ve included one in the Genesis SEO settings. Something’s getting in the way of or hiding all of the homepage settings.

Should I look for something in particular in header.php or home.php?

duckdoglisa

Can anyone give me a snippet that might let me force write a meta title tag, at least as an interim measure? My client is antsy!
    thanks,

Gary Jones

It’s not a snippet that’s needed.

Can you share a screenshot showing your Genesis -> SEO Settings -> Homepage settings?

duckdoglisa

sure:
    screen shot of homepage SEO settings

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.