Home Page/H1 Tag

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Home Page/H1 Tag

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  crazymikesapps 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

crazymikesapps
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to correctly attribute the H1 tag to the home page of our Magazine Theme. The developer did a work around, at least that is what it looks like.

The main page is the home page tab, and due to the widget content setup of the main page there is really no good optimization method.

I am trying to find a way to correctly SEO the homepage, I know in the menu system I can put a special url using the #http://crazymikesapps.com and it will work for the home, but what about the h1 and home page optimization?

Hope this makes sense.

thank you

Mike

Gary Jones

I’m not clear what you’re actually trying to do.

What are you trying to change for what?

Change the link in the site title to another URL?

Changes in Genesis 2.0 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.0, 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 (all 159 of them!) | @GaryJ

crazymikesapps
    Participant

Gary, no,

our site is http://crazymikesapps.com and we use the Magazine theme.

Our site page for meta optimization is considered Home, not optimal.

It became this way because WordPress does not make it easy to have an H1 tag for main page of a blog apparently.

Our developer designated Home as our main page, which presents me with an optimization problem.

And then again, does it really matter, should we just the home page meta description and title be all there is?

Hope this is a bit clearer now.

thank you

Mike

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.