Home-top widget affecting Home-slider widget ???

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Home-top widget affecting Home-slider widget ???

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Davinder Singh Kainth 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

1CJ4KV4A6
    Participant

Newbie here. Using Executive Pro theme.

Set up my home-sliders with photo & content, looks fine.

In the back end below that widget is a widget called home-top in which I’d like to put pages with thumbnail photo & static content. But when I create the page and set it up it affects what’s in my slider above it.

Why would it do this? In the back end the home-slider widget is separate and above the home-top widget.

Very confused.

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  1CJ4KV4A6. Reason: clarification
    • This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  1CJ4KV4A6. Reason: clarification
    http://www.cindykluger.com

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

What happens to your slider when you add new widget under it?

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

1CJ4KV4A6
    Participant

What happens is that the slider widget seems to take on the photo/content of the home-top widget beneath it.

I find this confusing because they are two different widgets, so not sure why one would take on the content of the other.

So hard to explain on-line, but imagine the top O is my slider (there are actually three, but you only see one at a time as they slide across). When I put something in the bottom left O (the home-top), the 1st slider takes on its content. When I changed the second bottom O it changed the next slider, etc.

O
    O O O

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

Don’t put any other widget except the slider in that widget area. For adding more widgets under the slider, you can create new widget area with specific defined styling for better control over contents display.

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.