homepage post display

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks homepage post display

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alexshenkar 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys!

I’m want to create a homepage with an infinite scroll. So what I’m looking for is a long singe column of posts.

How do I do this?

I tried Mocha and the Minimum theme, but they display one full post on the homepage, and then they show a summary of the remaining posts in two columns.

How do I change this?

Jetpack includes infinite scroll or you can install a separate plugin and then display full content posts rather than excerpts.

Hi Brad, Thanks for your input.

I think there are two things which I’m trying to do.

The first, I want to create a single column of posts on the home page.
    The second issue is that I want to enable the infinite scroll.

I’d like to focus on getting the posts to show up in a single column first, and then once that’s working, I can make the infinite scroll part work too.

To be more specific about a single column of posts, take a look at this demo homepage:

You see how you have one post at the top in full length, and then four post excerpts at the bottom? Thats what I’m trying to change.

I would like for the homepage to look more like this:

You see how you have the posts in one column – that’s what I’m going for. Then, after that is set, I’d like to make the infinite scroll work.

Any help or input is greatly appreciated.

Which theme are you using?

Hi Brad, I’m using the Mocha theme right now. But I noticed that many of the genesis child themes have the same setup on the homepage. Hopefully the solution isn’t tied to which theme I’m using. Thanks for your help. -Alexander

You can simply change the settings in the home.php file to display features:

remove_action( ‘genesis_loop’, ‘genesis_do_loop’ );
    add_action( ‘genesis_loop’, ‘child_grid_loop_helper’ );
    /** Add support for Genesis Grid Loop **/
    function child_grid_loop_helper() {
    	if ( function_exists( ‘genesis_grid_loop’ ) ) {
    		genesis_grid_loop( array(
    			‘features’ => 5,
    			‘feature_image_size’ => 0,
    			‘feature_image_class’ => ‘alignleft post-image’,
    			‘feature_content_limit’ => 10000,
    			‘grid_image_size’ => 0,
    			‘grid_image_class’ => 0,
    			‘grid_content_limit’ => 0,
    			‘more’ => __( ‘[Continue reading]’, ‘genesis’ ),
    			‘posts_per_page’ => 5,
    		) );
    	} else {

Hi Brad – thanks for your help. I think that code snippet will get me where I need to go. I can take it from here. Thanks :-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘homepage post display’ is closed to new replies.