Homepage: showing latest posts not template layout

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Homepage: showing latest posts not template layout

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alisterb 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

alisterb

Hi there
    I’ve searched for an answer here but not having much luck.

I’m using the Genesis Framework -> Magazine Pro template, and have just implemented a design onto a client’s site.

However, it seems that because their site url is http://www.heartfile.org/blog/ it is confusing WordPress and only showing the latest blog posts.

Can anyone offer any help as to how to override the default WordPress setting so that it will display the Magazine Pro front page template and not the Blog posts?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer! I’ll keep searching in the meantime and report back if I find anything. I’m still learning with WordPress, so apologies if this is an obvious fix (I hope so!).

Al

http://www.heartfile.org/blog/

braddalton
    Participant

Once you populate any of the home page widget areas, that should fix it however you might want to make sure you’re using the default Reading Settings as well.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

alisterb

@braddalton Thank you for responding so quickly, and for solving my problem!

The problem seemed to be that I had added content to a widget area that I had created in addition, but not to one of the default areas, so nothing had changed. Once I added something to the ‘default’ area, bingo and there it was! Not sure why the newly created areas had not been recognised (I followed one of your tutorials on how to do this), but it’s working now so I’ll look into that once I’ve got the site in good shape.

Thanks again, yet further reason to recommend WordPress and the Genesis framework. :-)

Alister

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.