Homepage slider like ritani

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Homepage slider like ritani

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  noxbane 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

netviper
    Participant

My Clients love this site.  http://www.ritani.com/

I haven’t seen a slider that can actually do that.  What do you guys recommend?

noxbane
    Participant

It’s just a big flexslider, but you could use flexslider, Nivo Slider, etc .   If you’re referring to the positioning, its just like any other slider but it uses CSS to position itself behind the other elements on the page.  The clickable text I assume is just the slide caption  that they’ve styled and positioned with CSS.   (note I’m just another member, not Studiopress staff)

netviper
    Participant

So you think they just took a slider and then used CSS positoining to put the header on top of it?

noxbane
    Participant

Yes, if you look at the styles on the flexslider-container div, it is absolutely positioned and “top” is set to -164px.   And then the main content container has an explicit height set to it, to prevent the footer from getting pulled up too high on the page (since the slider is removed from the “flow” of the page because of the absolute positioning).   You can see this with either Firebug for Firefox or the Chrome Developer Tools.

netviper
    Participant

Yes I was just checking it out in firebug.  I guess I thought it was something special.  Guess not.   Any suggestions on what Studio Press theme would be good to build something like that?  They do want it responsive.

noxbane
    Participant

For the responsive sites I have in development, I’m using Minimum as a base (using a custom home page) and with extensive CSS customization. I like it mainly because I strip out most of the theme default styles anyway and it has minimum styling (no pun intended).  Other times I’ve used the Sample Child Theme.   I don’t know your skill level, but it’s pretty easy to insert a slider into any theme either using hooks, or a custom home page template (or editing the existing home page template if the theme has one), or just a widget area if the theme has an appropriately sized one already.

netviper
    Participant

I would say my skill level is pretty good, but I have no real expereince with the hooks.

Can you show what you have done with minium thus far?

Here is what I have done.  — its not done yet.

http://173.193.250.61/~hdiarch/

noxbane
    Participant

Looks good to me.

Here is one: http://durban.directrouter.com/~hellerus/newsite/  (I’ve added the Agentpress Listings Plugin to the Minimum theme to create a responsive Agentpress listings site, since Agentpress is not responsive yet)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  noxbane.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  noxbane.

netviper
    Participant

I really like what you did there.  Would love to talk to you offline sometime.

noxbane
    Participant

Feel free to contact me anytime.

netviper
    Participant

how?

noxbane
    Participant
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.