Homepage Slider – Working with Page Excerpts

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Homepage Slider – Working with Page Excerpts

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lynnjatania 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

lynnjatania
    Participant

Hi – I’m using Associate as my theme and will be using the homepage slider (the basic Genesis slider). Its slides are from pages, not posts, but I still want to show an excerpt of the opening text.

Since pages don’t have an “excerpt” field like posts do, is there any way to better control what text gets shown on the slider? I’d love to be able to create a custom excerpt for the home page, rather than just having it pick up the first 300 characters.

Alternately, is there a way to “break” the page excerpt – i.e., I have my slider settings set to grab the first 300 characters as an excerpt, but are there any tags I can use that would cause the excerpt to stop before the 300 character limit (to create more customized excerpts on a page-by-page basis)?

Thanks for any advice!

SoZo

Not with pages. You could create new pages just for the slider and then redirect those to the real pages.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

lynnjatania
    Participant

Thanks, SoZo – this will likely be the route I take. Will work on it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.