Homepage won't update

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Homepage won't update

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

elockwood
    Participant

I’m getting pretty frustrated trying to figure out why the homepage for carsofchange.com won’t update. I have changed widgets around and made many other edits to the homepage, but as soon as I log out of the admin and view the site as a normal user, nothing has changed. I’ve cleared the browser cache multiple times and even deleted the W3 Total Cache plugin to no avail. Changes on second level pages are going through just fine, but the homepage will not change to what I see when logged in as admin on the site.

http://carsofchange.com

Anita
    Participant

What version of Genesis are you currently using?

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

elockwood
    Participant

I’m using 1.8.1

Anita
    Participant

Update to 1.9.2 and see if it fixes it. You can find it in your my.studiopress.com account.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!

elockwood
    Participant

Do update do I delete the old version of genesis through the ftp manager then upload the new version in the new theme window? It won’t let me have both versions as they have the same destination folder, but it seems risky to delete the old version when I don’t know if the new version will play nicely with everything I’ve done to the site? Or is this not something i need to worry about?

Anita
    Participant

You should have had a yellow bar across the top of your screen that says Genesis 1.9.2 is available. You don’t have that?

elockwood
    Participant

Under updates and themes it currently says that all my themes are up to date. So no, I don’t have a yellow bar across my screen currently.

Anita
    Participant

Is there a checkmark on the Genesis screen that says to notify you when there’s an update?

elockwood
    Participant

Ok, I see what happened. I did update the Theme, I just didn’t think it had gone through. Now I’m running 1.9.2, but it hasn’t fixed my problem.

elockwood
    Participant

When I go to the website when I am not logged in it says:

<!– Performance optimized by W3 Total Cache. Learn more: http://www.w3-edge.com/wordpress-plugins/

Page Caching using disk: enhanced
    Object Caching 2036/2073 objects using apc

Served from: carsofchange.com @ 2013-07-17 11:57:41 –>

Apparently it is being served from the 17th? How do I get it to update this?

Anita
    Participant

Try disabling your plugins and then enable them one at a time.

Anita
    Participant

I thought you said you disabled that plugin? Clean it all out or disable it to see if it works.

elockwood
    Participant

Yea I just deleted the pluging for a second time, logged out, went to the site and when I open the inspect element the same W3 Total Cache message is still there. I even tried clearing my browser cache and going back to the site again without luck. I’ll try disabling and enabling the other plugins to see if one of them is the culprit.

elockwood
    Participant

I disabled all the plugins, logged out, and the live site does not change at all. Its somehow stuck at the 2013-07-17 11:57:41 version of the homepage.

Anita
    Participant

Have you viewed it in another browser? I’ll go look in Firefox. You may have to go into the database.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.