Homepage won't update

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Homepage won't update

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

anitac
    Participant

Delete the cache plugin all together… just deactivate and delete it. Then refresh. I see the same thing you see.

Also, what is this line I see in your code:

[html]href="http://carsofchange.com/?custom-css=1&csblog=1&cscache=6&csrev=20/html

Are you using the Custom CSS to make your changes?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

elockwood
    Participant

Yea, I’ve tried it in other browsers with no luck.
    The plugin is all the way deleted at this point.

I’m using the Jetpack custom css for some minor positioning and re-sizing of elements. Is it better to change the actual CSS with a ftp client? My thought was that this way I was leaving the theme itself intact and could update it as needed without worrying about having to update the style changes I’ve made.

elockwood
    Participant

Whew!!

It turns out that deleting the W3 Total Cache from the plugin options does not fully remove the plugin. I found this page and used it to find the hidden files and deleted them. Now the site is live, but I don’t have a cache program speeding it up. Do you have another program other than W3 Total Cache that you would recommend. I suppose I could try re-installing W3 Total Cache again but right now I’m just happy to finally have all the changes showing live on the site.

anitac
    Participant

I use Quick Cache – http://wordpress.org/plugins/quick-cache/. Haven’t had any problems with it.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.