Hook to Display WP-SEO Meta Between Headline and Entry Content?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Hook to Display WP-SEO Meta Between Headline and Entry Content?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  jmrallen 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jmrallen
    Participant

I would like to implement the WP-SEO meta description as a sort of “subhead” for all blog entries. I found a way to call that data using the Simple Hooks plugin, but I can’t find an Entry location that would allow me to post that content between the Headline and main Entry copy.

Using the base Simple Hooks plugin, I can add the desired content above the Headline (using the “before entry” hook). I can also post it in the Entry Footer area. But I’m struggling to place it in the location I actually want. Is there a way to add a custom hook area somehow, or am I out of luck?

jmrallen
    Participant

For the record, I “kinda sorta” found a way to get it to work, but it’s between the headline and the date/byline info. Ideally I’d have it appear between the byline/date and the body copy. I may be SOL on this one, but I could live with it. My question at that point would be how to CSS style that specific text so it appears different from the body copy (say, in italics). How would I do that? Is there a way to style it differently from body copy, since it’s a hook?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.