Hooks + PHP

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sridhar Katakam 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dawnbar
    Participant

Hi there,

Can someone help?

Using hooks to add some images after post content – and all is dandy, looks lovely. :-)

However, using Outreach and the content I’ve added is showing on the home page, which looks silly (but still lovely!)

I am using this:

<?php if(is_single()) { ?>
    <div>
    mystuff
    <?php } ?>

And it’s the <?php if(is_single()) { ?> part that I can’t get my head around.

To exclude this php function on the home/front page and still include it after single posts only (not pages), how is written? Oh and do I need to end the code in a different way?

Can anyone help. Have no idea how to write php, I usually find in here an answer. I have no idea if the above makes sense, but it does to me!

Many thanks,

Dawn

vabmedia
    Participant

yes, end the code with } ?>
    and you’re basically saying that if you are on a single blog post page { –//start executing this code– end the “if” php code } ?>

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant

dawnbar
    Participant

Thank you both.

Sridhar thank you, it’s not what I was wanting to do. But I have bookmarked your site. What a resource.

I am sorry, but now seeing a little clearer…

How would I say…

if on single blog post show this // but not if on the home page (or front page)

And how would I specifically end that?

Many thanks for your time and getting me closer to lifting foggy php knowledge.

Dawn

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant

Try this:

if ( is_single() ) { ?>

HTML here 	

<?php }

elseif ( is_home() || is_front_page() ) { ?>

HTML here 	

<?php }

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.