Hostgator hosting comment

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Hostgator hosting comment

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

coachb
    Participant

We have been using Hostgator for our accounts for years. I received this message from one of our clients today.

“I heard that Hostgator was recently purchased and the group that bought them has a 100% track record for liquidating hosting companies.”

I know that Hostgator was recently acquired EIG and that they are moving many sites from Dallas data center (Softlayer?) to Provo UT (Ace Data?) which had the big outage earlier this month.

Further research found several discussions on this. As most of our clients are relatively smaller sites (non-ecommerce) on shared hosting accounts (ave $9/mo), I am looking for comments/feedback on the above info and suggested alternatives is a host change is required.

Susan

“I heard that Hostgator was recently purchased and the group that bought them has a 100% track record for liquidating hosting companies.”

Hostgator was acquired by EIG over a year ago, so it’s not a new purchase. EIG also owns Bluehost. I have some of my clients’ accounts hosted through Hostgator, and haven’t had any issues with outages.

I’m not sure of alternatives in the $9 or under range – most of the ones I deal with are in the $27-$30 a month range, but I’ll see if any of my Twitter network will chime in.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Susan. Reason: typo
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Susan. Reason: typo

photastic
    Participant

I have my own cloudbox hosting at versio.nl (Netherlands based host) and I limit the amount of concurrent sites on it to keep performance up.

So if you don’t mind getting a dutch or belgian ip, you can always get in touch with me… Prices start at 35 € a year including 1 domain name (not sure if I’m allowed to advertise myself this way so if it’s against forum policy, I’ll be glad to edit my post)

Trying to craft webstuff at Photastic Webdesign
    Learning Genesis by solving unanswered topics

Susan

not sure if I’m allowed to advertise myself this way so if it’s against forum policy, I’ll be glad to edit my post

It’s not against forum policy – it only becomes an issue if you’re spamming the forum, but the original poster asked for options. :)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.