Hosting Adsense in Widgets

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Hosting Adsense in Widgets

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Grimwolf 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Grimwolf
    Participant

I’m trying to add Adsense code to my site. I’ve read multiple wordpress tutorials which say all you have to do is paste the ad code inside a text widget, but that doesn’t seem to be working. There’s no clear space left on my page which an add should occupy, just the title text, and my Adsense account is not updating to say that I’ve added the code to my site.

You can see my page here: http://www.grimwolfgames.com/

Everywhere you see the text “Ad” is a space in which I’ve placed the code.

Is the process different when you have Genesis?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Grimwolf.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Grimwolf.

anitac
    Participant

You only need to drag a Text Widget into those Ad areas, copy and past your code into the text widget and save. That’s it.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Grimwolf
    Participant

That was exactly what I did.

Is it normal then for my ad spots to have no open gap where they should be, and for Adsense not to have updated the “application under review” message a full day later?

This was all just giving me the impression that my ad code was not working properly. I even tried changing the adds to display a solid colored box when invalid, but was still seeing nothing at all.

anitac
    Participant

It takes time for Google Adsense to show up on the site. You have to give it time.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Grimwolf
    Participant

Ah, yes. It was doing what it should. Just took a while to update, like you said.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.