How can I add a div to the sample theme header

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How can I add a div to the sample theme header

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sebgates 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sebgates
    Participant

Hi, I have been trying to solve this problem for some time with no luck. I want to make a ‘Bootstrap’ look to a design using the framework. I have managed to do the footer, inner and footer-widgets, but I am stuck on the header. If I was making a website in a program like Dreamweaver, I could stretch the header 100% and them create a new div in the center of the header to house the site title and widget area. I am unfamiliar with CMS theme architecture so can’t seem to solve the problem.

I do not want to position the site title and widget area of the header using margins and padding as the design breaks when you resize the window. I believe the way to do it is to create a new div inside the header, apply margin 0 auto to it. Then place the title (float left) and a float right on the right hand widget area. This would then give me a wide stripe behind the header objects. I don’t know how to alter the theme to do this.

Can anyone help?

Here is a URL to the project: http://testing2013.xl-websites.com/

Thanks – Seb

http://testing2013.xl-websites.com/

daveyank
    Participant

Hey Seb,

Here’s what I’d do – pure CSS – no extra divs involved:

`
    #header .wrap {
    margin:0 auto;
    max-width: 1152px;
    }
    `

Should be as simple as that if I correctly understand what you are trying to do.

sebgates
    Participant

Absolutely, fantastic – solved my problem. – Super – Thanks – Seb

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.