How can I add a logo? (Focus)

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How can I add a logo? (Focus)

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jgentry 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

jgentry
    Participant

I am trying to add a logo to my header, but when I do, it encompasses the entire header. I would like to have it small and  justified left. Any remedies for me?

Anita
    Participant

You need to crop the settings in Functions.php. Go to Functions.php and look for the Header sizes. Change the width and height to you exact logo dimensions and save. Then go and upload the header again. It should work for you.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

jgentry
    Participant

Ok. I’ll try it now. BTW, what did you think of my Mailchimp comments on ebook/subscription issue?

jgentry
    Participant

Ok. I changed the size in my PHP file, but when I upload my logo via WP Admin, it only allows me to crop a portion of my logo (leaving it cut off, and taking up the entire header space).

I’m probably doing something wrong (?)

Anita
    Participant

You should add the logo using Appearance > Header – upload it there.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!

jgentry
    Participant

That’s what I did and it will not allow me to customize the cropping enough. In other words, the cropping tool cuts off the bottom of my logo (because of it’s predetermined cropping properties) and then fills the whole header space on my site. I’m a little confused:)

Anita
    Participant

You changed it in the functions.php file where it had the header image size?

jgentry
    Participant

yes. Like this:

/** Add support for custom header */
    add_theme_support( ‘genesis-custom-header’, array( ‘width’ => 861, ‘height’ => 330 ) );

jgentry
    Participant

I’d like to have mine sized and placed similar to this one (Focus Theme ex.)

http://www.wellbeautyblog.com

Anita
    Participant

Share the link to your website so I can take a look.

jgentry
    Participant

Sorry, missed your last message. I think I got it though! I made my logo and header in AI, saved as PNG, uploaded and wola! I think this is it!

justingentry.org

jgentry
    Participant

Anitac, you’ve been tons of help! I’m sure I’ll need more soon:) Thank you so much!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How can I add a logo? (Focus)’ is closed to new replies.