How can I hook an image above the content on the blog page template

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How can I hook an image above the content on the blog page template

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sebgates 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sebgates
    Participant

Hi, I have successfully added a different image on separate pages in to genesis-after-header hook area. The images go above the main content. I have been able to add these images using conditional tags and page ID’s but I am stuck on how to pull this off on the blog page template. Does anyone know how it can be done?

http://Site in local DEV

braddalton
    Participant

Try this near the end of the post http://wpsites.net/web-design/add-content-before-posts-blog-page-only/

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

sebgates
    Participant

Thanks Brad. I had already read your blog post when I Googled the problem. I was trying to hook an image above the main content area. It seems the blog page template is hard to use Conditional Hooks on unlike the other templates in Genesis. I solved the problem using the Views plugin in the end by creating a short code for the blog page and adding it to a normal page template. Thanks for answering my question.

braddalton
    Participant

I tested the solution yesterday and it worked perfectly so i added it to the post i linked to.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

sebgates
    Participant

Thanks Brad, your a star. I will give your code a go.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.