How can I move title and post text over?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How can I move title and post text over?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  basiasbookshelf 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

basiasbookshelf
    Participant

It’s been so long since I did a site redesign, this is driving me bonkers and I can’t find the answer using Firebug. With my current design, it doesn’t matter since the post section and blog area are both white. The redesign I’m working on have different colors, so I need to have the post titles and text of the posts moved inside the post box over to the left (they’re right up against the edge of the post box).

I’ve been playing with everything I can think of but I’m not accomplishing what I want.

http://dev.basiasbookshelf.com/

Chris Cree
    Participant

It’s a combination of things to get what you want. Here’s what I’d do:

• Increase #inner (line 597) to 970px wide.
    • Increase .content-sidebar #content-sidebar-wrap (line 645) to 970px wide.
    • Increase width of #content (line 668) to 650px wide.
    • Change padding on .post (line 714) to padding: 25px;

basiasbookshelf
    Participant

Thank you!

I just tried all of that – it did a great job of moving my post box and sidebar to the left/right, but the text ran right along with it. I tried changing the padding but it didn’t have any effect. I’d been playing with the padding earlier but the only thing I could make happen was to increase and decrease the spaces between the post boxes. I couldn’t do a thing with the text inside the post box or the title.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  basiasbookshelf. Reason: edit for clarity
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  basiasbookshelf. Reason: edit for clarity

Chris Cree
    Participant

Your entry for the padding is invalid. You need to designate units for each number.

You have this:
    padding: 25 25 25 25px;

Instead either one of these will work for you:
    padding: 25px;
    padding: 25px 25px 25px 25px;

basiasbookshelf
    Participant

You = Godsend. :) It worked! Thank you so much for your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.