How can I move to the bottom the Post Byline (date, etc… link before content)?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How can I move to the bottom the Post Byline (date, etc… link before content)?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Moore 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Gordy
    Participant

How can I move to the bottom the Post Byline (date, author, comments link before content) ?

nutsandbolts

Can you post a link to your site? It’s always easier to help when we can see the theme you’re using, what’s going on in your stylesheet, etc.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Gordy
    Participant

nutsandbolts

If you install the Genesis Simple Edits plugin, you can choose what appears in the post meta (before post) and post info (after post). Hope that helps!

I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Gordy
    Participant

am using Genesis Simple Edits plugin and I have the followings :

Post Info : [post_date] By [post_author_posts_link] [post_comments] [post_edit]

Post Meta : [post_categories] [post_tags]

And when I removed : [post_comments]

The comment link is still showing on the site.

What else do I need to do?

nutsandbolts

Try pasting this into functions.php:

add_filter( 'genesis_post_info', 'sp_post_info_filter' );
    function sp_post_info_filter($post_info) {
    if ( !is_page() ) {
    	$post_info = '[post_date] by [post_author_posts_link] [post_edit]';
    	return $post_info;
    }}

Gordy
    Participant

I pasted the code you gave but, there was no change. But, I actually have the code below in the Genesis Simple Hooks. Could you please tell me what I need to edit to be able to remove the “Leave a comment” on my site?

<div class=”post-info”>
    <span class=”time”><?php the_time(‘F j, Y’); ?></span> <span class=”author”>by <?php the_author_posts_link(); ?></span> <span class=”post-comments”>#respond”><?php comments_number(‘Leave a Comment’, ’1 Comment’, ‘% Comments’); ?></span> <?php edit_post_link(‘(Edit)’, ”, ”); ?>
    </div>

Question:
    What should I edit in the code above to remove the “Leave a comment” on my site?

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  Gordy.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  Gordy.

Chris Moore
    Participant

Hello Gordy,

Try removing this (be careful to be precise though ;-)):

<?php comments_number(‘Leave a Comment’, ’1 Comment’, ‘% Comments’); ?>

Is that what you are looking for?

Resepctfully, Chris Moore
    Web Dev, CSS Hacks, & Biz Consulting @ MooreCreativeIdeas.com / Blogging @ ReflectOnThis.com

Gordy
    Participant

Thanks, Chris Moore. It worked. And I hope that, it will not conflict with any other function on the website, other than to remove the “Leave a Comment” before post content. ?

Chris Moore
    Participant

Awesome. Glad to hear!

In general, no, I don’t think it should be a problem. But always double and triple check (and on mobile devices as well)!

Resepctfully, Chris Moore
    Web Dev, CSS Hacks, & Biz Consulting @ MooreCreativeIdeas.com / Blogging @ ReflectOnThis.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.