How do I add a "Older Posts" link on bottom of Metro home

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How do I add a "Older Posts" link on bottom of Metro home

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lyon 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

juliegumm
    Participant

I’m using the Metro theme exactly like show in the demo (http://demo.studiopress.com/metro/). I have my 3 featured areas and then the 4th area (home bottom widget) I used the featured posts widget to add all the recent blog entries excluding the 3 features. So basically a “Recent Posts”.

Is there a way to add just a text link underneath the last one (aligned left) that says Older Posts. My home bottom widget displays 6 posts so ideally the Older Posts page would link to an archive type page that started with the 7th post.

(I’d link to my blog but it’s on a hidden development server.)

Thanks

Susan

At the bottom of the Featured Post Widget, check the box which says “Show Category Archive Link”, and then type in the text link.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

lyon
    Participant

At the bottom of the Featured Post Widget, check the box which says “Show Category Archive Link”, and then type in the text link.

It seems that it only works if I pick a Category rather than using the “All Categories”? I would love to do this too (at the moment I’m using a plugin to display the home page in 2 columns + pagination)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.