How do I add streaming audio to my homepage?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How do I add streaming audio to my homepage?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AC 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bignewbie
    Participant

I would like to know how to add an audio clip to my homepage that plays when the site opens. I am using the Crystal child theme.

Eric

marybaum
    Participant

If I were you I’d think twice about that. When I’m in user mode, nothing drives me away from a site faster than any kind of sound that starts playing as soon as a page loads. Chances are good that I’m either already listening to something else – and now I have two sources of sound going, and I’m madly looking for the pause button on the sound that I didn’t start myself (often well hidden) or I don’t want to disturb the people around me with surprise sounds coming from my computer.

So again, I beg you, please don’t add sound that plays automatically on load …

Mary Baum

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

AC
    Blocked

To answer your question, you can add an audio player to one of the widget areas. There are tons available in the repository. Do what you feel is best for your site and your audience. Not everyone feels the same about coming to a site and music playing. It’s your site.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.