How do I change Featured image thumbnail size for featured posts?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How do I change Featured image thumbnail size for featured posts?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Davinder Singh Kainth 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

turtle

Hi, I’m very new to wordpress and studiopress, so please expect silly questions for a while!

I’m kinda getting there and testing how my Elevent40 Pro theme shows featured posts on the front page. The problem is that the dimension of the little thumbmails that sit above the text are not going to work for me. They look about 200 pixels long and about 70 tall so all my photos will be heavily cropped and look odd.

How do I change the dimensions of the featured image thumbnails that appear in featured posts? Ideally, I’d like something that does not resize my photos too much, i.e. 210 x 140, which is standard 3:2 ratio.

Can anyone please help? Thanks!

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

1. Open functions.php and using following code add new image size (one line depending on size you want).

/** Add new image sizes */
    add_image_size( ‘home-featured’, 300, 250, TRUE );
    add_image_size( ‘related’, 180, 120, true );
    add_image_size( ‘thumbnail’, 110, 90, TRUE );

2. Then goto Genesis > Theme Settings. Under content archive section, select new image size.

To resize already uploaded images to new size, use regenerate thumbnails plugin. http://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

turtle

Thanks for helping Davinder!

I have found the functions.php area and can see an open text box with the code inside.

Do I paste the code in at the bottom or the top?

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

Look for (/** Add new image sizes */) section in functions.php file. If there isn’t, then paste the provided code anywhere. Please note, each line adds new image size. Add sizes (and respective lines) as per requirement.

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.