How do I change Portflio from landscape to portfolio?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How do I change Portflio from landscape to portfolio?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

paulmichaellove

Hi,

I am looking for some help to change my minimum child theme portfolio so that the featured images show in portrait instead of landscape.

Any help would be much appreciated

this is the link to my site

http://toughlovefitness.co.uk/portfolio/

many thanks

Paul

http://toughlovefitness.co.uk/portfolio/

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    I think I follow you – you want each photo to be in portrait, right? I think I can point you in the right direction if you’re willing to edit some code and experiment awhile. There are some dimensions that are set up for the portfolio part. Go to Appearance… Edit, and click on Theme Functions over on the right. Scroll down a bit and find this bit (or similar):

[php]
    /** Add new image sizes */
    add_image_size( ‘header’, 1600, 9999, TRUE );
    add_image_size( ‘portfolio’, 330, 230, TRUE );
    [/php]

On the portfolio line, as you can see, there are dimensions, which you can change to taste. After you’re done, you’ll probably need to re-enter your portfolio pics, I’d guess. You also may need to edit the following CSS if you’ve changed the width above (330): (Appearance…. Edit)

[css]
    .post-type-archive-portfolio .portfolio {
    float: left;
    margin: 0 15px 30px;
    width: 340px;
    }[/css]

I’m sure you’ll need to play with settings for awhile until it all fits. The initial dimensions were carefully crafted to fit the theme, so alterations will require some work.

Good luck,
    Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

paulmichaellove

Thanks Dave,

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. Changing the numbers has adjusted the width it recucing 330 makes whole image smaller but the ratio seems to stick no matter what I change the 230 too and height won’t go anymore than 230

any thoughts?

thanks again

Paul

paulmichaellove

ignore that, it worked a treat!!

thanks again Dave

David Chu
    Participant

Paul,
    Sounds good, and I see it’s looking good! I’m a fitness nut myself. Hello to the ladies! ;)

Cheers, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.