How do I make Genesis Slider "Full Width" on custom Child Theme Template?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How do I make Genesis Slider "Full Width" on custom Child Theme Template?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  giraffeweb 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

vexx
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’m new to the whole Genesis world and I recently bought the Magazine theme. As the title suggests, I want to make the top slider full width (before the content, immediately after the navbar). I’ve searched the forums, but with no luck. I just found a thread, with the same problem a guy had, but it resolved without any replies.

I registerd a  a full width widget with no problem, but I can’t seem to place it there without ruining the sidebar. I’ve tried to look on how to place the sidebar before this widget, with no luck

So please, if anyone can shed a a bit of light on this, I’ll greatly appreciate it.

braddalton
    Participant

Paste this code into your child themes functions.php file:

Remove the code you added to register the widget.

Style using .before-content {} as your selector.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

vexx
    Participant

Thanks alot for Brad, really appreciate it..will get to work now ;)

giraffeweb
    Participant

Any help on making this work on the latest Outreach theme?  I have tried all kinds of things to get it to work to no avail.  Here is the site: http://www.sccampsandretreat.org.  I cannot figure out how to make this work above the #inner div.  Outreach has #inner before #content so this appears to put the slideshow before content fine but I can’t get it above the #inner.

giraffeweb
    Participant

Looks like I got it to work  by using the genesis_before_content_sidebar_wrap hook but I had to make the .wrap 100% width so I have other issues to deal with on layout now.  Thanks for the code above for me to play with.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.