How do I make the Metro theme a fixed width template?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How do I make the Metro theme a fixed width template?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

treoguy
    Participant

I love the idea of a responsive theme, but it’s simply not something I can use on a website that includes Google Adsense. It’s against policy and often breaks the look and appeal of the design.

With the new Metro theme, how would I go about removing the responsive part of the theme and make it fixed.

Also, is it possible (and not too difficult) to change the width of the design? If you could point me in the right direction on specific template changes that would be incredibly helpful.

Thanks in advance.

SoZo

You just need to remove the responsive style rules from the bottom of the style sheet and the viewport meta tag function from functions.php

To edit the width you’ll need to adjust several elements. I recommend installing the Firebug add on for Firefox or using Chrome’s Firebug Lite which will enable you to right click on any element to inspect it and determine the associated style rules or the selectors required to create new style rules.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

treoguy
    Participant

I appreciate the suggestion. I think Firebug certainly works perfectly for some elements, but it’s tougher when dealing with such a major change. It would be great if fixed width was offered as an option from template designers. Unless you are a fairly proficient coder, attempting to make the changes could introduce new problems.

For now, I’m sticking with WPTouch and will seek out freelancers.

SoZo

You’re welcome

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How do I make the Metro theme a fixed width template?’ is closed to new replies.