How do I move home-top row so it's below home-middle row

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How do I move home-top row so it's below home-middle row

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

realityshifter
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using the Enterprise child theme. Is it possible to move the row of home-middle widgets so that row appears above the home-top row instead of below it? (Basically, I want to switch the position of those two rows so home-top appears below home-middle.)

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

braddalton
    Participant

Did you work this out yet?

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

realityshifter
    Participant

Hi Brad,

No, unfortunately I didn’t work it out. I tried changing a few things but nothing worked.

If it’s too complicated to swap the placement of the two rows, I’d settle for replacing the current Home-top widgets (where the wp-cycle image slider is) with a row of three Featured Page widgets, but I haven’t been able to get any suggestions for how to do that either. Someone was helping me in this other thread but he suggested I’d need to get a developer to work on it.

braddalton
    Participant

Another option would be to use content columns shortcodes in a full width widget area for 3 columns. http://demo.studiopress.com/genesis/columns

Adding a new widget area to the home page using genesis_hooks is easy. http://designsbynickthegeek.com/tutorials/add-widgeted-sidebar

I did spend time trying to move the home page widgets locally but haven’t worked it out yet.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.