How do I place a small logo in Agency's header?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How do I place a small logo in Agency's header?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jlo2013 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

dev
    Participant

Brand new to Genesis. Been suing Elegant for quite a while.

I have a small  square logo I want to put in the header of Agency Theme.

Sure I could create a 940×115 header with it, but I don’t want to do that right now. I just want the small logo (like Metric theme has) in the top, left of the header area.

I upload the small logo and try to put in using the “header” screen and it want me to crop it… which then creates a 940×15 pixalated version of what is cropped.

Is there any way to just get this little logo up there without jumping trough a lot of hoops? I can mess with code if necessary… but really… for a logo? Elegant Themes makes this so easy!

Any suggestions from this community is gratefully appreciated.

braddalton
    Participant

You can change the height of your header to match your logo by editing the code in your child themes functions.php and style.css files.

Line 26 functions.php
    [php]
    /** Add support for custom header */
    add_theme_support( ‘genesis-custom-header’, array( ‘width’ => 960, ‘height’ => 115 ) );
    [/php]
    Or you can add your logo to a transparent background using a tool like Paint,net or GIMP and make it the same height as your header default is.

braddalton
    Participant

You can also edit this code as well.
    [css]
    /* Image Header – Partial Width
    ———————————————————— */
    .header-image #title-area,
    .header-image #title,
    .header-image #title a {
    display: block;
    float: left;
    height: 115px;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 0;
    text-indent: -9999px;
    width: 350px;
    }
    [/css]

dev
    Participant

Thanks for the info.

Is it the height of the logo or is it the width that is telling Genesis/WP “Hey, you need to crop this thing?”

You know what would be good? It would be good to have a “header-left” widget area. They give us a header-right area , so why there no a “left?” That way we could dump anything we want into the area via Genesis-Featured-Page/Post widget. (Is there a Featured-Image plugin? I think there is somewhere.)

Oh well, I doubt my wish is Genesis’s command! I’ll play with the code or the CSS and see what I can do to get my little 2 inch x 1 inch logo to display.

braddalton
    Participant

There’s a featured post and page widget.

You can see from the default CSS above that there’s an area 350px by 115px for a logo. You can upload an image that size or change the values in the code which is pretty easy.

They like to keep the code as efficient as possible which is why there’s not as many widgets for everything as some themes provide like Prose.

tavisme
    Participant

Using the Agency theme I was not successful uploading a logo either.  I ended up creating a 960 x 115 header with a transparent background. That work around worked fine.

jlo2013
    Participant

Hi I ave the theme “Agency” . I have made some changes in the CSS the logo area is not as wide as before however the menu is still under the logo.. when I look at:

http://demo.studiopress.com/agency/

the menu is next to the logo.=As I want it

On my site I can see: div wrap 960 x 31 whish is the height of the menulinks

On the demo site I see: div wrap 960 x 0 so, the menu is not placed in that div tag. How do I change that?

Thanks!

// Johanna

braddalton
    Participant

Are you using the custom menu in header right widget area?

Can you link to your site please.

jlo2013
    Participant

Yes, but it seems they are in different divs or wraps.. here is my link: http://bbstockholmfamily.se/test/

// Johanna

jlo2013
    Participant

If I use the titel instead of a logo it works, however I want to use the logo.

jlo2013
    Participant

I have resolved it.

// Jo

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.