How do I remove 'filed under' & 'tagged with' but keep 'Leave a comment'?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How do I remove 'filed under' & 'tagged with' but keep 'Leave a comment'?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Cree 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mariafernandez
    Participant

A few days ago I started a topic where I got the answer to how to remove the ‘filed under’ and ‘tagged with’ areas. The replies are here: http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/how-do-i-remove-filed-under-and-tagged-with/#post-9175

Unfortunately the Simple Hooks solution I used following those replies also removes the ‘Leave a comment’ line.

So, my question is: How do I remove ‘filed under’ & ‘tagged with’ but keep ‘Leave a comment’? When I unhook ‘genesis_after_post_content‘ the three of them disappear.

Chris Cree
    Participant

There really isn’t a good way to filter the post meta with Simple Hooks, which is why the Simple Edits plugin is there to deal with this.

However, since the theme you’re using isn’t compatible with Simple Edits your best bet is to modify a function in your functions.php file.

Open your functions.php file in a text editor (not Microsoft Word!) and look for this code at about line 49:

[php]/** Customize the post meta function */
    add_filter( ‘genesis_post_meta’, ‘post_meta_filter’ );
    function post_meta_filter($post_meta) {
    if (!is_page()) {
    $post_meta = ‘[post_categories] [post_edit] [post_tags] [post_comments]‘;
    return $post_meta;
    }
    }[/php]

Edit the line that sets the $post_meta value to this:

[php]$post_meta = ‘[post_comments]‘;[/php]

Save your functions.php file and FTP it back up to your server.

Then you should be good to go.

buddy_boy8403
    Participant

Are you talking about in the byline?  If so, you can use Genesis Simple Edits.

Chris Cree
    Participant

In the thread she referenced, Maria already explained the theme she is customizing isn’t compatible with Simple Edits. She tried it and it broke her site.

mariafernandez
    Participant

Chris, that worked great. I’ve now got the “Leave a comment” line back, and the “tagged with” and “filed under” areas are gone. Thanks.

(There isn’t much risk of me being seen using Microsoft Word)

Chris Cree
    Participant

Glad that fixed it. I don’t know where folks are at. But Word ads a bunch of junk that wreaks havoc on web files. Some new folks don’t realize that and can really mess up their sites editing files in Word. So I always through that caveat in just in case.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How do I remove 'filed under' & 'tagged with' but keep 'Leave a comment'?’ is closed to new replies.