How do I remove the gap between my header and custom menu?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How do I remove the gap between my header and custom menu?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sunil 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Sunil
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using the agency theme. My site is http://adultacnetreatmentreviews.com.

If you see that there is a gap between my header image and my custom menu.

How do I remove this gap?

Thank You.

Regards,

Sunil

Jon Bellah
    Participant

So the simple fix to do what you’re looking for is:

#header {
    display:none;
    }

But I wanted to point out that there’s a much better way to implement a header than the way that you did. You’re using the <center> tag and calling your own header image, presumably with a genesis_before_header hook. But, Genesis comes with really nice, semantic structure built in. So the better way to implement your header would add this to the bottom of the “Image Header – Full Width” section of style.css.

.header-full-width #title {
    background:url(images/header.jpg) no-repeat;
    }

Follow me on the Twitters at @JonBellah. I blog about web design, development and a lot about Genesis at CSSForge.com

Sunil
    Participant

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your response. Ok. Before I implement what you highlighted, where exactly in the style.css file, do I place the following code?

#header {
    display:none;
    }

Because when I open the style.css file, I see many header option codes there. Also where do I place these following codes too?

.header-full-width #title {
    background:url(images/header.jpg) no-repeat;
    }

In this case, the [header.jpg] is to be replaced by my original image name right?

I just switched from eleven40 theme today to the agency theme. It was difficult to customize the header for that theme. But I liked the footer of that theme. I had a nightmare when I tried to edit the php file. All I did was added an extra } code and the whole thing went blank! But thankfully Brad Dalton from the helpdesk helped resolved my problem.

Sunil
    Participant

Sorry, something went wrong with my message. The codes not displaying well here.

Jon Bellah
    Participant

Place the #header code just before the line that reads:

/* Navigation Constants
    ------------------------------------------------------------ */

Follow me on the Twitters at @JonBellah. I blog about web design, development and a lot about Genesis at CSSForge.com

Sunil
    Participant

Hey Jon! I managed to remove the gap! Thanks! You seem to be well-versed in css!

So for the 2nd code you showed me, before placing it in the style sheet, do I have to remove the codes I placed in the genesis header hook first?

Jon Bellah
    Participant

Yes, you should remove that when you place the other code in your stylesheet. Hope that helps!

Sunil
    Participant

Hi Jon,

Sorry. I did not work. The banner did not appear. So I’m recalling the banner through the genesis hook method again. :(

Sunil
    Participant

*It did not work.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.