How do I remove the page title on the front page?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How do I remove the page title on the front page?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ericoahu
    Participant

I use a static page for my “front” page.
    I don’t really like that the title of that page shows up under the header.

What is the proper way to make that go away?

Eric Lauritzen

Google+·app.net

anitac
    Participant

Install and activate the Genesis Title Toggle plugin – http://wordpress.org/plugins/genesis-title-toggle/. Then open that page and check the box to turn the title off.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

ericoahu
    Participant

Thanks for that suggestion. I am going to consider that option depending on the answer to my other current question on this forum.

Is it ever advisable just to create a php file and add what I want to it? Then use it as a custom template?

Eric Lauritzen

Google+·app.net

anitac
    Participant

You can do whatever you want. You don’t have to stick to the templates that come out the box with the theme. You can create and customize to however you feel comfortable and for what works best for you.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

glabelle

I used the Title Toggle Plugin and it turned off titles for all pages so I had to add <h2>Titles</h2> to all pages (without adding any spaces). Also, I had to add a <p> space above the title to the front page to keep the title from butting up under the header as Eric mentioned above. So, there is a definite difference in the way the front page and other pages treat page titles.
    Gary LaBelle

anitac
    Participant

You turned it on globally on the Genesis > Theme Settings page. Turn it off on there. Go to the one page you want to be your new home page and turn it off only on that one page.

glabelle

Thanks, I missed that “turn-off” on the page edit.

Gary LaBelle

braddalton
    Participant

Here’s a basic front-page.php file http://wpsites.net/web-design/create-a-front-page-template-for-genesis-beginners-guide/

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.