How to add 3 columns to Eleven40 homepage?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to add 3 columns to Eleven40 homepage?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MM 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

MM
    Participant

Hi,

On mikemetcalfe.co, I’d like to have a homepage with 3 columns (over the full width) and in each column, the latest blog posts from categories 1,2,3 being displayed. Anyone know how to achieve that?

Thanks!

anitac
    Participant

You could add a full width widget area there and write the CSS so that each of the widgets you drag into that area float so they line up horizontally.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

MM
    Participant

Thks Anitac.

a) Instead of full surgery, I think using the genesis_before_loop area might suit best, and having a horizontal bar or small image displaying the 3 blog categories, so using can quickly switch between them (or better yet, if it can auto-rotate / slide to display next category after 5 secs, great!)

b) Been experimenting and already have a home featured widget setup. But, it displays nothing (because home.php is saved as home.txt – because of a page 2/3 grid loop display issue earlier). Strangely, when changing home.txt back to home.php, entire site goes white (not error page, just white).

Any ideas why the B error exists and how to potentially achieve A?

Thks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.