How to add 728×90 banner in header of "News" theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to add 728×90 banner in header of "News" theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  elimac23 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

elimac23
    Participant

Hello, I am in need of some help in adding a 728×90 banner in the header of the “News” theme. By default this theme is not created to display a 728×90  in header. What do i need to change in the css in order to display a bigger banner? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant

Can you provide the URL of your site?

elimac23
    Participant

BeatPlacements (.com)

Thanks

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant

I see a 960×110 image, http://yoursite.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/minimallogo4.jpg set as background for #header and appearing on the site.

What exactly is the question again?

elimac23
    Participant

Hey, i would like to add an adsense banner in my header that is 728×90, my current adsense banner size is 468×60. I apologize if i wasn’t clear in my original post.

Thanks for your time.

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant

I do not see any ad in the right side of header.

Have you placed the ad code in a text widget in “Header Right” widget area?

elimac23
    Participant

For some reason my adsense is appearing at the moment. But yes i have tried to add the 728×90 in “Header Right” widget, but the News theme is not designed to support an ad size that big.

I was told by support that i needed to “change the css that controls the #title-area and #header .widget-area widths in order to accommodate an ad of that size.”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.